Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "U.S.-Based Field Medical Team Interactions with Managed Care Customers: Team Characteristics and Coverage"
As the influence of payers has grown in the United States, the pharmaceutical industry has added field medical team roles to handle managed care interactions. These field roles include Health Outcomes Liaisons (HOLs), Managed Care Liaisons (MCLs) and other field functions that serve managed care organizations.
But there is significant variance across pharma companies in not only the product responsibilities for field medical functions (portfolio vs. therapeutic area) but also which field function serves as the principal contact for payers.
This study provides benchmarks around which functions are part of companies' U.S.-based field medical teams, what their product responsibilities are (portfolio vs. therapeutic area) and how effective these roles are in serving managed care customers. In addition, the study presents benchmarks on which U.S.-based field medical functions have general contact with managed care customers and which field medical functions are the primary contact for managed care customers.
This study includes a Top 10 Pharma segment that includes 8 companies that are among the Top 10 pharma by 2016 revenues.
Field Medical Team Characteristics
- Field Medical Team Makeup
- Field Medical Team Product Responsibilities
- Effectiveness of Managed Care Interactions
Field Medical Team Coverage
- General Contact for Managed Care Customers
- Primary Contact for Managed Care Customers
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Which functions/roles are part of your US-based field medical team?
- Which US-based field medical team role interacts in any way with managed care customers?
- Which US-based field medical team role is the principal contact for managed care customers?
- Which characteristic best describes the product responsibilies for the listed US-based field medical team functions?
- Indicate the level of effectiveness you associate with the listed field medical team functions and their interactions with managed care customers
- Indicate which US-based field medical team functions serve - in any way - the listed managed care customers
- Indicate which US-based field medical team function serves as the primary contact for the listed managed care customers
- Principal Field Medical Team Contact for Payers is MCL (41%); HOL (35%); Hybrid (24%): While pharma appears to spread the primary responsibility for payer interactions among three types of field medical roles (MCL, HOL, Hybrid), the data in this study show that companies with either MCLs or Hybrid roles utilize that function as their principal payer contact.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 17 leaders from 16 leading biopharmaceutical companies through a benchmarking survey instrument and interviews.