| 8|| Info Graphics|
| 17|| Data Graphics|
| 250+|| Metrics|
Online PDF Document
Request a Quote
Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "What it Takes to Successfully Launch an Oncology Product in the U.S. Marketplace: Staffing Benchmarks"
Some U.S. Oncology product launches become blockbusters, while others stumble to achieve only a small portion of their expected potential. How can pharmaceutical companies ensure an organization is providing the needed FTEs before, during and after a product's launch?
This benchmarking study is designed to provide staffing benchmarks across pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities for new oncology products launched in the U.S. This analysis probes Oncology product staffing levels for 12 companies and 20 U.S. project launches. The study will help marketing and brand leaders identify staffing priorities across pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
NOTE: Survey responses have two segmentations - Total Benchmark Class and Product’s Projected Peak Annual Revenue.
- Key Trends and Market Patterns
- Total Staffing Benchmarks Segmented by Peak Year Sales Forecast
- Staffing Benchmark Analysis for Launch Activities
- Total Benchmark Class: Launch Staffing by Year
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- Total Staffing for each Product Launch Year, Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1
- Peak Year Sales Forecast Segments: Total Staffing for each Product Launch Year, Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1
- Estimate of FTEs Allocated to Each of the 11 Activities for each Product Launch Year, Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1
- Peak Year Sales Forecast Segments: Estimate of FTEs Allocated to Each of the 11 Activities for each Product Launch Year, Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1
- In Launch Year -3, How Many Staff Members were Allocated to the Following 3 Activities
- In Launch Year -2, How Many Staff Members were Allocated to the Following 7 Activities
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Year -1
FTEs spike dramatically during Year -1 in preparation for Launch Year. Market research staffing levels reflect high activity from Year -1 to Year +1. Increased competition in established markets also increases FTEs needed.
- Launch Year
Sales, medical affairs, and managed markets staff all jump up in Launch Year. One year post-launch, sales and managed markets staffing levels peak. Brand-specific marketing FTEs increase steadily, peaking during the Launch Year.
This analysis probes Oncology product staffing levels for 12 companies and 20 U.S. project launches. Executives at the VP level, Functional Heads, Senior Directors and Directors were among the participants who informed this study. The analysis examines staffing allocations at each launch stage as well as across critical Medical and Commercial activities for various market-entry situations.