Environmental, Health and Safety organizations at pharmaceutical companies face the complex task of complying with increased regulations – often with fewer resources. This benchmarking exchange was designed to examine how leading health care, pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations effectively manage Environmental, Health and Safety operations in today’s environment.
This 22-slide presentation examines the following aspects of 15 pharmaceutical and health care Environmental, Health and Safety organizations:
· Staffing Levels and Span of Control
· Outsourcing and Audit Trends
· Performance Measurement Tools
· Budget Trends
EH&S managers can use this data to highlight performance, staffing and budgeting gaps within their EH&S organizations. Specifically, the study identifies the following key metrics:
· Benchmark average for employees per FTE
· Benchmark average for EH&S FTEs per facility
· % of companies that link compensation to leading indicators of EH&S performance.
· Roles and responsibilities whose compensation are most often linked to performance measures
· % of the benchmark class that outsources EH&S services, including audits
· Number of and specific performance measures tracked
· % of respondents that have experienced staff or budget cuts in the past two years
· % of companies that predict future budget cuts
· Predicted level of future budget cuts
This research originated from the Best Practices, LLC Internet Benchmarking Exchange.