Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Best Practices in Biopharma Digital Marketing: Innovation Hotspots and Mobile Targeting"
As the use of digital technologies evolves, healthcare companies must constantly adapt their digital marketing approaches to effectively reach customers. Leading organizations innovate across all available channels, using the full power of digital tools and technologies to integrate multichannel strategy and tactics into traditional marketing and brand approaches.
This study examines the innovative programs and activities being implemented by high-performing digital marketing teams in the pharmaceutical and healthcare spaces. The study identifies and evaluates key trends in the utilization and performance of digital marketing activities. In addition, the research reviews current trends in mobile and wearable devices.
NOTE: Survey responses on select questions have been segmented into two perspectives - Large Companies and Small and Mid-Size Companies.
- Hotspots in Digital Innovation
- Assessing Key Growth Areas
- Measuring ROI in New Activities
- Winning in the Mobile & Wearable Device World
- Mobile Targeting, Uptake, Search & ROI
- Wearable Preparedness
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- Impact of Digital Activities on Engaging and Influencing Customers
- Current Effectiveness of Innovative Digital and Multichannel Marketing (MCM) Activities
- High-Use / Highly Effective Digital and MCM Activities for the Benchmark Class
- Lower-Use / Less Effective Digital and MCM Activities for the Benchmark Class
- ROI for Innovative Digital and MCM Activities
- Effectiveness vs. ROI Achieved for Emerging Digital and MCM Activities
- Customers Targeted for Mobile Engagement Programs
- Mobile Uptake Among HCP Customers
- Innovative Use of Mobile & Search tactics to Improve Promotional Effectiveness
- Return on Investment for Mobile Programs
- Steps taken by Digital Marketing Teams to Prepare for the Release of Apple's iWatch and the Dawn of the Wearable Device Era
- Likely market impact of Apple iWatch and Wearable Devices for Therapeutic Manufacturers
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- High-Performing Mobile Campaigns Have Delivered an Average ROI of 17%: For their most successful mobile programs, healthcare digital teams have been able to show an average return of 17% on investment. Median ROI for signature mobile campaigns was 7%. While one group has exceeded a 100% return, others have been yet unable to credibly demonstrate any return.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 39 digital marketing leaders at 30 companies through a benchmarking survey instrument.