Market research leaders wrestle with the challenges of optimally assigning staff to the portfolio of market research projects and knowing when to outsource activities to vendors. This document will help market leaders bolster departmental efficiency through the management of:staff, projects, vendors and outsourced activities. Included are tactics to balance staff, prioritize activities, increase productivity and identify and select vendors and activities for outsourcing. This 22-page document also incorporates benchmark survey data, conceptual graphics and executive quotes.
Sample Best Practices
- Balance planned research and ad hoc research to effectively serve existing and future business needs.
- For example, one benchmark partner does a global image study for major brands on a regular basis and has made the study a part of the company’s annual market research plan.
- Conduct frequent priority reviews to better manage ad hoc research.
- One global pharmaceutical company’s market research department has designated brand teams that meet on a weekly basis to better manage ad hoc research and to assess which ‘hot’ research needs must be accommodated immediately.
- Automate access to market research data to support global information needs and foster improved productivity.
- One leading pharmaceutical company developed a dashboard toolkit that is accessible to all its employees via the Internet to promote faster access to information.
This research originates from a Best Practices, LLC consulting project for a client and is based on interviews and surveys with market research benchmark partners.
For further questions on this research or if your company would like to explore opportunities to work with Best Practices, LLC to conduct customized benchmarking research, contact Tracy Hollister at 919-767-9225.