Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Digital Marketing Excellence: Customer Targeting & Online Community Engagement"
As digital marketing strategies and tactics evolve, digital marketing teams must stay focused on the customer to ensure they are effectively engaging with key customer groups.
This research identifies proven strategies and tactics used by high-performing organizations to effectively engage key customer groups through Digital and Multi-Channel marketing. This study also distills insights on how innovative Digital teams: identify key customer groups and the tactics used to target them, ideal venues for engagement, approaches for building online credibility, and levers for improving customer experience.
This study provides segment perspectives on large, mid-cap and small companies as well as global vs. U.S.-only companies.
- Study Overview
- Key Findings & Trends
- Customer Engagement Tactics and Activities
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
SAMPLE KEY FINDINGS
- Percentage of external Digital Marketing activities allocated to physicians, patients, payers, thought leaders, advocacy groups
- Which online communities and venues is your Digital Marketing team engaging in two-way dialogue
- Rate the importance of the following tactics for building credibility among leading online communities
- Do you measure ROI for community engagement activities
- Describe some successful projects your Digital Marketing team has executed to better engage with online communities and customers
- How do you target physicians and patients for online campaigns
- Rate the importance of these outcomes to the mission of your Digital Marketing team
- Small Digital Teams Struggle with Effective Customer Targeting: Large and especially mid-cap Digital teams report much higher success levels in targeting physicians and patients using benchmarked tools than do their counterparts within small organizations. Though the industry overall is less effective (or perhaps less used to) targeting patients, small companies find this customer segment particularly challenging, whether by databases, opt-in events, or vendor support.
- DM Teams Should Exploit the Value of Communicating via Preferred Channels: More than any other single objective, pharma Digital teams (60%) cite communication with customers via preferred channels as most critical for successful engagement. Building enduring relationships and supporting customers were also deemed important by a majority of respondents. Interestingly, direct interaction (i.e., the basis for “two-way” dialogue) was seen as unimportant by many.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 48 Digital Marketing leaders at 42 companies through a benchmarking survey instrument. Representatives from 8 companies participated in deep-dive interviews.