Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Digital Marketing Excellence: Structure, Responsibilities, Center of Excellence and Outsourcing"
As digital marketing strategies and tactics evolve, companies must constantly adapt their digital marketing approaches to effectively reach customers not only during launch but throughout the product lifecycle as well.
This study examines how successful healthcare organizations maximize the value provided by the digital marketing function through efficient service delivery to internal customers across different regions, business lines, and throughout the product lifecycle. In particular, the study reviews digital marketing responsibilities and effectiveness, the presence and effectiveness of a Center of Excellence organizational approach and the use of internal staff versus outsourcing for digital activities.
This study provides segment perspectives on large, mid-cap and small companies as well as global vs. U.S.-only companies.
(Delivery Management / Effectiveness / Efficiency / CoEs / Outsourcing)
- Study Overview
- Key Findings & Trends
- Service Delivery Strategy & Execution
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
SAMPLE KEY FINDINGS
- Geographic scope of responsibility for digital marketing team
- Parts of the organization that digital marketing supports
- Group responsible for listed digital activities
- Effectiveness of company's execution across listed activities/projects
- Do you utilize a Center of Excellence for digital marketing activities?
- Effectiveness of Center of Excellence for listed digital marketing activities
- Extent of outsourcing for listed digital activities
- What percentage of your digital marketing FTEs are allocated to listed activities?
- Do you entirely insource any of the following digital activities?
- What steps has your digital marketing team taken to achieve stellar digital service delivery?
- Digital Is a Global Function: Benchmark research shows an increasing number of Digital teams working at the global level to maximize efficiency across regions and business lines. More than one-third of participating Digital Marketers support service delivery in a global capacity.
- Digital at Large-Cap Companies Serves a Matrix of Customers: With greater resources and larger product portfolios, service delivery strategy is more complex at larger companies. Digital groups in larger organizations tend to support more internal customers overall, serving a variety of designated channels and initiatives that roll up to a multitude of different functions. On the other hand, Digital teams at smaller companies are more frequently tasked with supporting Corporate Digital strategy.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 48 Digital Marketing leaders at 42 companies through a benchmarking survey instrument. Representatives from 8 companies participated in deep-dive interviews.