Non-members: Click here to download a complimentary excerpt of "Driving Top Line Growth through Innovation in Sales and Marketing: Meeting Proceedings"
As companies compete for customers and a larger share of the marketplace, driving top-line growth necessitates innovation and process improvements to ensure continued success. The ability to reach new markets, re-generate established markets and deliver superior products and services to the consumer requires the capability to drive growth by identifying and defining new products, services, innovative strategies, business models and practices.
The following case studies represent company success stories in two-three page summaries based on their presentations.
- Pfizer Inc. discussed issues surrounding communications excellence as a success factor that Pfizer has used over the past decade. The presenter also explained how leadership commitment, cultural commitment and hard work are the seedbed for communications excellence in any company.
- Sonoco Products Co. explained how they have made a transformation in new product launch methodology from concept to implementation and how the basic process works in Sonoco today.
- Thomson Corp. told the story of how they used best practices data from a comprehensive internal survey to drive collaboration and to gain leverage across sales organizations that previously never talked to each other.
- Openwave Systems Inc. addressed how one team determined and documented the root causes of the company’s underperformance, the initiatives that reversed this negative trend and the significant quantifiable results to the top and bottom line growth.
- Wachovia Corp. presented the service offerings that Wachovia provides to their customers. In this presentation, they shared how Wachovia manages their growth potential by catering to a loyal customer base.
- Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. shared the design, implementation and ongoing management of Johnson & Johnson balanced business measurement system. The discussion illustrated the leadership methodology utilized to systematically manage business information across multiple operating companies.
This report was compiled from notes taken from speaker presentations and roundtable discussions at
the May 2006 GBC meeting, "Driving Top Line Growth through Innovation in Sales and Marketing."
Sign up for a Virtual Tour today to discover how you can increase your functional expertise and progress your thought leadership through the Global Benchmarking Council, a research and networking advisory service of business executives.