Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from “Healthcare Digital Marketing Innovation: Customer Engagement and Content Approval Tactics”
Healthcare organizations are investing more than ever in digital marketing to learn about their customers, build better relationships and maximize revenue. To gain a competitive edge, companies must continue to innovate and identify the right channels, tools and approaches to reach customers.
Best Practices, LLC undertook benchmarking research to probe how savvy biopharma digital marketers are expanding the reach and effectiveness of digital customer engagement through emerging channels, measuring ROI for innovative activities, and enhancing the digital content and program review and approval process.
Insights in this study are segmented by: Company Size – Large Companies and Medium and Small Companies, Team - Global Teams and U.S. Only Teams.
I. Innovative Engagement Activities:
- Measuring ROI
- Dynamic use of video and social media
- Electronic Health Records programs
- Addressing Integrated Delivery Networks
II. Enhancing Content Review:
- Better collaboration with Medical-Regulatory-Legal approval partners
- Effective content approval tactics
- Demonstrated ROI for Innovative Digital Activities
- ROI vs. Usage of Innovative Digital Activities
- Most Heavily Used Social Platforms
- Innovative Use of Social Media by Participants over the Past Year
- Tactics to Support the Expanded Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) by Physicians
- Steps Undertaken to Grow Digital Engagement with Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)
- Effective Approaches for Improving Collaboration between Digital Marketing Group and Medical, Regulatory, and Legal Approval Teams
- Effective Tactics for Expediting Internal Approvals of Key Digital Content and Programs
SAMPLE KEY FINDINGS
- Establish Open Communication Channels & Use Standardized Templates to Improve Medical-Regulatory-Legal Collaboration: The top-ranked tactic for improving collaborations with Medical, Regulatory and Legal review teams is to create an open communications channel between all stakeholders - 52% find this highly effective. Some 48% have found the introduction of standardized digital processes and templates to be highly effective. Finally, most companies (81%) find senior management support an at least somewhat effective way of improving the content approval process.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 31 digital, multichannel marketing and other commercial leaders from 24 leading healthcare organizations through a benchmarking survey instrument. Nearly 70% of participants serve at the level of director or above.