Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Pharma Corporate Library Services: Activities, Outsourcing and Forces of Change"
Benchmarking the core services of a corporate library against those of industry leaders helps in achieving performance excellence and efficiency. This study was undertaken to analyze the best practices and winning strategies of libraries and information centers within the biopharmaceutical industry. Insights and metrics presented in the study will help library and information leaders to compare the scope of their services and vendor outsourcing with those at other leading organizations.
- Core library services
- Use of vendors in services delivery
- Forces of change likely to impact libraries in the near future
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- Scope of services & resources
- Library user base
- User base penetration
- Core library services offered
- Use of vendors for reference & research services
- Use of vendors for print/physical collection services
- Use of vendors for electronic resources management
- Use of vendors for info technology/website development & management
- Use of vendors for knowledge management & internal documents
- Key external and internal forces of change
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
Forces of Change: Flat or declining budgets, market conditions, and corporate business issues are the forces of change most likely to shape library and information center business models, services and product offerings over the next one to three years.
Twenty companies participated in this benchmarking study, with 12 representing the pharmaceutical/ biotech industries, 4 representing the medical device industry, and 4 representing other healthcare businesses.