Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Strategic KOL Management: Coordination, Software and Thought Leader Identification"
In the face of changes in the regulatory and access landscape, pharmaceutical organizations can no longer afford to have multiple functions and regions blindly contacting the same Key Opinion Leader (KOL). For any number of reasons – efficiency and courtesy are two obvious ones – organizations should have a KOL management system that ensures coordinated interactions. An organization's CRM software clearly plays a role in this.
Best Practices, LLC conducted this research to help organizations create and maintain a strategic KOL management system. In particular, this study examines current approaches to coordination, software and thought leader identification for a strategic KOL management system. This study provides an evidence-based understanding of current and evolving approaches to creating and maintaining an integrated, strategically-focused KOL management system.
- Coordinating and Communicating Strategic Thought Leader Management and Engagement
- Aligning Software Tools to Support Strategic Thought Leader Management and Engagement
- Identifying and Engaging Thought Leaders
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Functional areas that conduct strategic KOL management activities (across indicated product lifecycle periods)
- Most effective approaches to coordination of KOL management activities
- Communication channels your organization uses to share best practices across the organization
- Frequency of nonfield-based strategic KOL management staff interactions with KOLs
- Software programs/systems utilized by your organization
- Do you utilize a system with a global line of sight for all KOL activities
- Involvement level of MSLs in KOL identification
- Importance rating of 8 KOL services
- KOL activities most valued by organization
- Respondents recognized the importance having a platform for sharing learning/best practices among the staff involved in strategic KOL management. Almost half of respondents said they use quarterly in-person meetings while nearly a third utilize an online database/spreadsheet.
Thirty-four TL management leaders from 29 biopharma and device organizations participated in the external field survey, and we interviewed 4 participants for in-depth insights