NonMembers: To download the complimentary study excerpt of "Design and Administration of Sales Training Programs", click on the following link: http://www.best-in-class.com/de215.ad
The importance of employee training and development is indisputable. However, improvements can be made to the management of such training programs. Companies often have a multitude of training programs for different job types and levels. To save time and money, organizations are now looking at ways to streamline their training programs by leveraging ideas and resources from other departments or product lines.
This study benchmarked 36 companies across several industries and looks at training programs specifically for sales associates. It provides insights into how companies across industries move internal sales associates as well as new hires through their sales training program to drive consistency and ultimately increase revenue. Human Resources and training managers can use the metrics and best practices featured in this document to assess and optimize their sales training programs in terms of staffing, design, administration and oversight.
- Participant Level, Length and Amount of Training
- Delivery Formats of Training and their Effectiveness
- Oversight and Success Measurement
- Lessons Learned in Sales Training Program Management
- Benchmarked companies train their associates 31-50 hours per year (41.5 hours on average).
- On average training is administered as follows: 30% ongoing/on-the-job coaching, 29% in-class, 15% each online and through workshops and 21% through external training groups.
- 3/4 of the benchmark class do not use Six Sigma principles or tools in the training design and success measurement process.
This research originated from an Internet Benchmarking Survey commissioned through the Research and Advisory Services(RAS). The RAS gives members the opportunity to get information "directly from the experts." With quarterly networking opportunities, members learn from executives from a cross section of leading Fortune 100 companies.