Non-Members: To download a complimentary sample page from this report, please click here.
Market research organizations must develop the staffing capabilities to manage complex structures, build influence for strategic decision-making and create effective process and productivity elements to manage the organization's workload. Leading market research managers seek talent, target the composition of their teams, develop skills and chart career paths for all employees to achieve these demanding goals.
This 14-page document, which includes several metrics and conceptual graphics, will help market research managers to identify the most important skill sets, design career path programs and cultivate valuable performance in their staff.
Sample Best Practices
- Develop an “outward looking” culture as a corporate success factor that turns to market research for insights into product development, customer and competitor perspectives.
- The Executive Director of Market Research at one company has established operational and staff development platforms that facilitate a focus on interpreting external developments and how they relate to business growth.
- Build and maintain a model characterization of high performance Market Research professionals against which recruits and incumbents may be measured.
- One leading pharmaceutical company has developed a model of high-performance for its market research staff that it uses to help make recruiting decisions with new professionals and to assess development opportunities for existing staff.
- Develop a core curriculum to support career path competencies and grow market research capabilities.
- One pharmaceutical company’s market research department has developed a two-week program called “Boot Camp,” in which new senior staff members receive focused development on core skill and orientation topics.
This research originates from a Best Practices, LLC consulting project for a client and is based on interviews and surveys with market research benchmark partners.
For further questions on this research or if your company would like to explore opportunities to work with Best Practices, LLC to conduct customized benchmarking research, contact Tracy Hollister at 919-767-9225.