Driving Growth through New Product Planning and Strategic Alliances
Drive overall growth through a well-managed portfolio by addressing current and long-term needs in your company's new product planning and strategic alliance systems. This Best Practices Benchmarking® Report profiles several top pharmaceutical companies that have demonstrated successful operating practices in the area of Pharmaceutical Sales and Marketing. By studying these companies, your organization can strengthen its own efforts to drive overall growth through a well-managed portfolio. After reading this report, you will be prepared to address current and long-term needs in your company's new product planning process and strategic alliance systems to drive the development of blockbuster products.
If you are interested in related research, you can click on the links here for SM-117 and OP-98.
Sales and Marketing > New Product Development and Launch
Biotech; Pharmaceutical; Health Care
Amgen; Eli Lilly; Janssen; Pfizer
Our research indicates that with a carefully crafted new product planning strategy and excellent execution, companies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries can manage the new product planning process and leverage strategic alliances to achieve the following benefits:
- More effective product alignment with corporate strategies.
- Improved selection of strategic alliances.
- Accelerated corporate growth.
- Enhanced product lifecycle management.
- Increased Return on Investment (ROI) for R&D and sales and marketing.
This benchmark study report includes:
- An Executive Summary outlining five Key Project Findings.
- Lessons Learned and Top Challenges Matrices identify benchmark partners' top lessons learned and top challenges in managing new product planning and strategic alliances.
- Detailed Best Practices divided into three sections:
Organizational Structure - Tactical wisdom from benchmark partners used in setting up and maintaining structures for new product planning and strategic alliance teams, as well as allocating roles and responsibilities throughout the departments.
Human Resources - Techniques for hiring, training and developing top new product planning and strategic planning personnel.
Portfolio Prioritization and Optimization - Best practices for selecting and commercializing blockbuster products through excellent new product planning and strategic alliance systems.
Back to Top
The study findings compiled in this report identify three key operational areas that form the foundation of superior new product planning and strategic alliance departments. Report findings are organized to help companies meet all of the following goals:
- Align new product planning and strategic alliance goals with company strategy to drive growth.
- Recruit and select new product planning and strategic alliance personnel with balanced science and business backgrounds to reduce training needs and ensure quality performance.
- Position new product planning as a central hub for coordinating and managing multi-functional activities to increase internal support and optimize product and portfolio management.
- Balance opportunism with existing therapeutic expertise to best target new product and new alliance selections.
- Integrate new product planning and strategic alliance structures and processes to optimize corporate growth through new opportunities.
Back to Top
|R&D Quality Assurance Excellence Library |
A must-have for all pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device manufacturing executives, this Best Practices' R&D Quality Assurance bundle tells you everything you need to know about quality... (ID OPS-95) |
Companies Profiled: aaiPharma, Sanofi-aventis, Abbott, Abbott Laboratories, more ...
Price: $21100.00 Free Excerpt Available
|Best Practices in Global Pharmaceutical Launches |
Discover how the world's leading pharmaceutical companies develop global launch strategies, manage launch teams, cultivate thought leader support, integrate marketing activities, and conduct a host of other critical launch activities... (ID SM-120) |
Companies Profiled: Merck, Sanofi-aventis, Eli Lilly, GlaxoSmithKline, more ...
Price: $7000.00 Free Excerpt Available