This benchmark exchange was administered to determine how e-business teams across the health care industry operate effectively and create value for their companies. Pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and other health care companies can benefit from the primary research and recommendations comparing e-business, e-commerce and web portal operations.
This 33-page slide presentation covers the following key topics:
• E-business Performance
• E-business Costs and Benefits
• E-commerce Operations and Performance
• Web Portal Operations and Performance
• Customer Satisfaction
• Tactics to Communicate the Group’s Value Throughout the Organization
The study found that top companies will drive growth through the following activities:
• Focus improvements on growth drivers, such as professional education and clinical content to support growth.
• Employ new technologies to differentiate and improve service and reduce cost -- which helps the growth and value proposition.
• Self service is expected to be a key source of future value.
• Evolve system to capture and convert sales leads and growth information.
This document will help e-business teams:
• Evaluate web offerings against other companies
• Understand current electronic offerings and identify future trends
• Assess e-commerce volume, costs and uptime
• Learn about others' web-portal features, sales lead conversion rates, costs and uptime
• Understand how others assess customer satisfaction
• Compare internal and external customer satisfaction rates against others
This document is the result of a Best Practices, LLC primary benchmark research analysis based on the Internet survey responses of 9 leading benchmark partners in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries.