Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "External Communication Excellence: Tactics to Increase Organizational Effectiveness"
Technological advances have dramatically increased the amount and frequency of communication in the workplace - in particular external communication involving the Internet. However, the diversity of communication tools, sources, and platforms makes it difficult to ascertain the preferred and most effective external communication tactics and strategies.
Best Practices, LLC conducted this research to identify the most effective external communication strategies and tactics and how people best utilize various communication formats to achieve organizational objectives. Specifically, this study reviews the frequency and type of Internet tools used for work-related information, and the type of work-related external communications viewed and forwarded with mobile devices. The largest portion of the study focuses on the interest level, and preferred time and formats for receiving more than a dozen types of external communications, including general, competitor analysis, technology updates, new product launch, legal, research, supplier, strategic guidance, vendor and others.
This study explores the most effective and preferred channels and tools of external communication and the optimum frequency for external communications. Professionals who use and send external communications can use this report to identify the most effective external communication strategies and tactics and how people best utilize various communication formats to achieve organizational success.
- External Communication: Tools and Usage Frequency
- External Communication: Preference and Effectiveness
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- Usage Frequency of Internet Tools – Overall
- Online Communities Visited Most Regularly – Overall & Pharmaceutical Segment
- Methods Used to Gather Information – Overall
- Average Searches per Day – Overall
- Frequency of Visits/Clicks – Overall
- Value Derived from Business Information Sources – Overall
- Interest and Preferred Time of Checking General Communication – Overall
- Preferred Formats & Effective Tools for General Information – Overall
- Interest and Preferred Time of Checking Competitor Analysis – Overall
- Preferred Formats & Effective Tools for Competitor Analysis – Overall
- Interest and Preferred Time of Checking Performance Indicators – Overall
- Preferred Formats & Effective Tools for Performance Indicators – Overall
- Impact of Marketing Communications on Purchase Decision – Overall
- Percentage of Redundant Emails Received – Overall & Pharmaceutical Segment
- Checking External Communication Through Mobile – Overall
- Forwarding External Communication Through Mobile – Overall
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Send Communications Before Lunch: The majority of respondents prefer to receive external information before 1 p.m.
The benchmark class of participants includes total of 183 representatives from different industry segments and across six continents Qualitative and quantitative data for this report were collected through an online survey instrument.