Non-members: Click here to sign-up for a complimentary tour of
"Growing Leaders Through Employee Development Programs"
World-class companies recognize the need to develop employees' leadership skills. This 19-slide presentation identifies how companies structure employee development programs and manage related activities.
By surveying eight benchmark companies, the Best Practices team determined key findings in the following areas: program components, measurement tools, internal leadership advisory groups, mentoring, job rotations, and initiatives’ performance against objectives.
Further, this document includes a matrix with specific survey questions and the responses of each participating company.
· Program components
· Measurement tools
· Internal leadership advisory groups
· Job rotations
· Initiatives’ performance against objectives
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
· Leadership advisory groups - structure
· Leadership advisory groups - roles
· Leadership advisory groups - goals and objectives
· Mentor programs- Sponsorship and administration
· Initiative effectiveness rating
The findings emerged through survey data obtained from a benchmark class that included 8 companies.