The research findings in this report are the culmination of analysis of data collected from
benchmark surveys with 79 companies, as well as analysis of exclusive interviews with university recruiting leaders at nine selected best practices corporations. This report is designed to give Human Resources executives and directors a tool to assess recruiting performance and begin building a strategic path for program improvement in the future.
REPORT STRUCTURE AND ORGANIZATION
Project findings are organized into an executive summary, topical chapters and an appendix.
1) Executive Summary – The executive summary contains a discussion of the background factors that led to the study, a description of the Best Practices, LLC research methodology, a summary of the key project findings and recommendations for identifying and closing performance gaps.
2) Topical Chapters – These chapters provide, by subject, a graphical depiction of survey
responses, discussion of key trends identified from an analysis of the data and write-ups of best practices harvested from in-depth interviews:
- Program Management & Organization –Includes sections on Budget, Staffing, Structure, Activities & Events, Hiring Top Talent (including interns and co-ops) and Program Effectiveness.
- Hiring Top Talent – Discusses best practices for building the talent pool, screening and selecting candidates and managing intern and co-op programs
- Building Strong Stakeholder Relationships – Covers effective partnership with line staff, practices for sharing candidates across lines of business, developing alumni as recruiting talent, training line recruiters and maintaining long-term relationships with university hires.
- School Selection & Ranking - Illustrates best practices for choosing core recruiting schools.
- Technology: Impact & Innovation - Highlights innovative uses of technology in the recruiting process.
3) Appendix – The appendix includes a matrix comparing the features, functionality and feel of
university recruiting websites for 19 top companies and a matrix capturing top three best
practices and lessons learned shared by survey respondents.