Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Internal Communication Excellence: Tactics to Increase Organizational Effectiveness"
Technological advances have dramatically increased the amount and frequency of communication in the workplace - in particular Internal Communication. However, the diversity of communication tools, sources, and platforms makes it difficult to ascertain the preferred and most effective Internal Communication tactics and strategies.
Best Practices, LLC conducted this research to identify the most effective Internal Communication tools and how people best utilize various communication formats to achieve organizational objectives. Specifically, this report reviews the frequency and type of Internal Communications shared and received, and the type of work-related Internal Communications viewed and forwarded with mobile devices. The largest portion of the report focuses on the which communication mediums (voice mail, email, intranet, etc.) are most effective for various types of Internal Communications, including general, industry, product, strategy, vendor, training, performance and others. In addition, the study presents the most effective communication platforms for communicating with superiors, peers and subordinates when sharing information regarding projects, products, training, industry, and more.
Professionals who use and send Internal Communications can use this report to identify the preferred communication formats/platforms for a sharing a broad range of Internal Communications to achieve organizational success.
Total Benchmark Class and Pharmaceutical segments are presenting on many slides.
- Types and frequency of Internal Communication shared and received
- Identify Internal Communication medium & preferences for array of message types
- Measure Internal Communication Effectiveness
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- Most & Least Commonly used Medium for Internal Communication – Overall
- Use of Mobile for Internal Communication – Overall
- Preference vs. Effectiveness: Internal Communication Using Mobile – Overall
- Effective Tools for general communication, industry information, case studies, product information, strategy guidance, vendor communication, training and more – Overall and Pharmaceutical Segment
- Average Weekly Hours Spent on Internal Communications – Overall
- Effective Tactic to Prioritize Communications – Overall
- Percentage of Redundant Communications Received Internally – Overall
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Effectively Tackle Internal Communication Using Type: Organizing emails by type (action required vs. informative) is the most effective method. However, pharmaceutical respondents then consider (1) the sender and (2) the content while non-pharmaceutical respondents utilize technology to consider importance.
The benchmark class of participants includes total of 183 representatives from different industry segments and across six continents Qualitative and quantitative data for this report were collected through an online survey instrument.