Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Challenges and Best Practices in Managed Care Pull-Through Excellence"
Managed Care formulary access is vital in today’s payer-driven market, however, long-tem commercial success for a new brand depends upon effective pull-through programs and processes to increase market share after the contract is signed.
This Best Practices, LLC study focuses on the challenges and best practices organizations have experienced in the managed care landscape that dominates the U.S. healthcare system. Key challenges in devising and executing pull-through programs have been identified to help managers avoid common pitfalls and close performance gaps in their pull-through organizations’ processes, programs and activities. Likewise, experienced pull-through executives have shared their best practices for achieving pull-through excellence in the current marketplace.
- Key challenges faced in accomplishing Managed Care pull-through
- Best practices for achieving Managed Care pull-through
- Top three challenges in increasing pull-through
- Top three best practices for increasing pull-through
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
Top Pull-Through Challenges
- Training/coordinating field: Study participants face challenges in preparing field staff to drive pull-through, coordinating field pull-through activities and sustaining a campaign once it is under way.
- Physician access/interest: Gaining access to physicians and then capturing their interest around formulary and co-pay issues are among the greatest challenges respondents confront.
In all, 33 pull-through leaders and executives at 24 global biopharmaceutical companies participated in this study to provide successful strategies on pull-through support after a product is placed on formulary. The study involved a two-pronged approach. Best Practices, LLC researchers used a survey instrument to collect pull-through program data from managers and executives representing managed care, field sales, marketing, sales operations and executive leadership at participating companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. In addition, Best Practices analysts conducted deep-dive interviews with selected survey participants to uncover successful tactics and best practices used to achieve formulary pull-through.