Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Marketing Services Excellence: Structure, Activities and Shared Services Model Overview"
Companies across all industries look to their marketing groups to deliver quality services to their internal clients while holding down costs. To remain competitive, Marketing leaders need to understand how their organizational structure and services scope compare with other companies so they can identify and close performance gaps.
Benchmarking leader Best Practices, LLC conducted this research to determine how companies are effectively structuring and operating the Marketing Services function in an environment characterized by increasing globalization and shrinking resources.
This cross-industry benchmarking study provides metrics and critical insights for evaluating the effectiveness of the Marketing Services/Operations function, including Creative Services, Support Services and Market Research & Analytics Services. In addition, there is a chapter that provides an overview of the Marketing Shared Services model for providing marketing services across an organization.
The study will help Marketing executives and managers identify winning strategies they can use to improve internal quality and effectiveness.
- Executive Summary
- Cost-Cutting Practices that Pay off for Benchmark Participants
- Management Practices that Support Global Consistency
- Marketing Services Landscape
- Creative Services, Support Services, Market Research & Analytics
- Marketing Shared Services Model — Including In-House
Agency & Center of Excellence Organizations
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Approaches to Marketing Services
- Primary Funding Source for Marketing Services
- Breakdown of Workload Type for Marketing Services Function (creative, support, etc.)
- Creative Services Offered by Marketing Services Function
- Support Services Offered by Marketing Services Function
- Market Analytics/Research Services Offered by Marketing Services Function
- Total Number of Marketing Services Offered
- Reporting Structure for Marketing Shared Services Model
- Reporting Structure for Marketing Shared Services Head
- Number of Geographic Locations for Marketing Shared Services
- Success Rating for Marketing Shared Services Organization
- Organizational Model: Half the benchmark participants use a Shared Services/Center of Excellence or In-House Agency model for delivering Marketing Services. Of the “High Performing” companies in the study, 80% use one of these models.
- Core Services: Digital/web, email & collateral are the core creative services—provided by more than 80%. Budget management, campaign management & performance measurement are the core marketing support services—provided by more than two-thirds.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 24 Marketing leaders at 23 companies operating Marketing Services functions within North America, South America, Europe and Asia to participate in an online benchmarking survey. In addition, research analysts conducted deep-dive interviews with selected respondents to collect qualitative data & insights.