Non-members: to download a complimentary excerpt of this document, please click here.
Today’s hotly competitive hiring market has spurred organizations to examine the efficiencies and effectiveness of their staffing functions as they grapple to capture the best and the brightest among the shrinking labor pool. From workforce planning, sourcing, recruiting and every staffing activitiy in between, study participants shared myriad data points surrounding their organizational staffing function, including key performance benchmarks and cost metrics.
This research will aid HR executives in evaluating their company's staffing processes in comparison to leading corporations across industries. Importantly, all staffing data are segmented by "Number of Staffing FTEs," allowing for more meaningful comparisons with the benchmark class.
- Service Offerings
- Staffing FTE Allocations
- Staffing Cost Breakdowns
- Total Hires
- Offers Extended & Accepted
- Average Start & Fill Times
- Hire Performance & Satisfaction Ratings
- Distribution of Company Size
- Percent of Companies Associated with Different Levels of Operational Complexity
- Distribution of Staffing Function Structure
- Distribution of Availability of Resources Throughout the Company
- Percent of Companies Performing Different Staffing Activities
- Distribution of Total Number of Staffing FTEs
- Percentage Allocations of Staffing FTEs by Hire Type
- Percentage Allocations of Staffing FTEs by Process Area
- Percentage of Total Global Staffing Personnel by Category
- Average Annual Staffing Costs
- Cost Breakdown by Expense Category
- Cost Breakdown by Hire Type
- Cost Breakdown by Staffing Process
- Number of Hires by Type
- Average Offers Extended and Accepted
- Hire and Offer Efficiency Ratios
- Average Start and Fill Times
- New Hire Performance Ratings
- Hiring Manager Satisfaction Ratings
- Staffing Activities: More than 90% of the companies perform the basic processes such as Applicant Tracking, Recruiting, Requisition Management and Offer Generation. Workforce Planning continues to remain a challenge, being performed by the fewest companies (71%).
- Cost Breakdown: The vast majority of costs are spent on internal labor, ranging from 55% to 82%. Outsourcing costs are the second highest expense accounting for between 13% and 31%. The largest companies have the most substantial investment in systems, at 32% of total costs.
- Average Acceptance Rate: The average offer acceptance rate (OAR) ranges from 40% to 97%. For the largest FTE segments, the average OAR ranged from 85% to 97%.
This research was conducted on behalf of Best Practices, LLC. The results were complied from survey data responses from 24 companies representing more than ten industries.