Delivering Exceptional Medical Science Liaison Services across Diverse Customer Groups
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., May 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Medical Science Liaisons have become a key link between the pharmaceutical industry and key stakeholders that drive marketplace success. As the role of Medical Science Liaisons (MSL) expands across a diverse set of customers, organizations are finding it increasingly challenging for their MSL groups to deliver exceptional services.
According to research by benchmarking firm, Best Practices, LLC, a majority of 35 medical services leaders believe their MSL services will increase over the next two years. A majority of respondents also said that their company has changed – or will change - how their MSLs interact with KOLs. Thus, MSLs will need to understand how payer groups work and how best to serve internal constituents working with them.
The report, "Medical Science Liaison Services Excellence: Generating Value for Diverse Customer Groups," explores how companies deliver exceptional MSL services to various groups and stakeholders in an increasingly demanding business environment.
Topics addressed in the study included:
- Determine the structure and overall organization of Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) Services, including geographic span, oversight responsibility and services provided to various customer segments.
- Explore the methods used by MSLs to serve stakeholders and build those stakeholder relationships.
- Identify roles, responsibilities and service levels provided to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
- Explore the ways through which MSLs provide services to KOLs. Determine frequency of services during pre- and post-approval stages.
- Identify relationship development and management process used by MSLs for internal and external users.
- Determine changing trends in the field of MSL management.
- Identify risk factors involved in serving KOLs.
- Explore use of new technology for providing services.
This study is based on research and information provided by 35 pharmaceutical and medical device executives from 30 companies. The 145-page report provides two segments: the total benchmark class and U.S. only.
To access the full report, or to download a complimentary summary containing insights found in this report, click on the following link: http://www.best-in-class.com/re2351.htm.
For more information on other recent primary research studies, contact us at 919.403.0251. For related research, visit our Best Practices, LLC website at http://www.best-in-class.com/.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. The operational insights, findings and analysis form the basis for our Benchmarking Reports, databases and advisory services to support executives in commercial and R&D operations. Best Practices, LLC believes in the profound principle that organizations can chart a course to superior economic performance by studying the best business practices, operating tactics and winning strategies of world-class companies.