Excellence Services Program Helps Guide Pharmaceutical Industry through the New Product Launch Landscape
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – March 30, 2012. The launch landscape for new pharmaceutical products has shifted dramatically, with physician access and payer influence two of the biggest changes facing launch teams. At the same time, the pressure for successful new products has never been greater with the pharmaceutical industry facing pipeline deficits, patent expirations and increasing development costs.
In this challenging new launch environment, Best Practices, LLC has developed the Pharmaceutical Launch Excellence Services that consolidates the research and consulting firm's best launch research into a service that delivers hundreds of best practices, narratives and metrics around the issue of new product launch.
Through this service, launch leaders have access to current benchmarks and insights on the critical elements of a new product launch, including:
- Investment levels for 12 vital launch activities and how much organizations are spending on each activity at key points pre-launch and at launch.
- Launch leaders’ perspectives on the current and future risk levels for an array of pitfall factors that can affect a launch, including patient and payer pitfalls as well as physician and regulatory stumbling blocks.
- An examination of dozens of new product planning developmental activities that highlights each activity in terms of timing during the development process, intended outcomes and value for the organization.
This information and more has been consolidated into the Pharmaceutical Launch Excellence Services, a comprehensive database, report and solution service that provides valuable insights and data that launch executives can use to ensure a strong market entry for new products.
The Pharmaceutical Launch Excellence Services addresses a variety of mission-critical issues, including:
- Spend across launch activities
- Differentiating a new product from competitors
- Portfolio decisions
- Timing and value of different new product planning activities
- Coordinating Regional and Global launch activities
- Strength and weakness of various structural approaches for new product planning
- Balancing development and commercial interests
- Use of public relations to support launch
- Brand team responsibilities
The head of the Excellence Services channel at Best Practices, LLC is Cameron Tew, executive director publishing and advisory services. Tew connects professionals in market research, product launch, sales and other key functions to benchmarking and networking solutions through Best Practices LLC’s Excellence Services program. Tew can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-767-9246.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC’s clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. The operational insights, findings and analysis form the basis for our Benchmarking Reports, databases and advisory services to support executives in commercial and R&D operations.