Access. Intelligence. Excellence
New Best Practices, LLC Study Tackles Challenge of Integrating Quality across Global Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Operations
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Nov. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Effectively integrating a quality organization across a global pharmaceutical or medical device company is a major challenge for the same reason it can produce amazing results: the world is a big place with many differences. On a more local front, companies seek to understand how a quality organization can move beyond simply ensuring product safety and compliance.
To address both these needs, Best Practices, LLC has published "Benchmarking Quality in the Biopharmaceutical & Medical Device Sectors," a wide-ranging research study that probes how both global and local quality teams can become more efficient, effective and add value for shareholders, patients, physicians and other stakeholders.
Some of the issues addressed in this new report include:
- How companies integrate quality into their strategic focus and priorities; use quality dashboards for executive communication; and utilize learnings from the medical device sector to inform quality improvements at biopharma companies
- How high-performing quality groups work to ensure quality integration across a global enterprise. The study addresses quality structure and global management, and quality management related to GLP/GCP/GMP and pharmacovigilance
- What are current staffing and spend benchmarks for the quality function. The study contains ratios for both quality FTEs and investment so that organizations of all sizes can compare their quality operation
- Insights on how high-performing quality groups use risk management to deal with suppliers, audits, corrective actions and performance
- How quality groups are moving to become more agile and utilizing outsourcing across their operations
The full 121-page report contains more than 600 metrics, providing quality leaders with critical benchmarks that will allow them to compare their operations with those of leading organizations.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 23 quality leaders from 23 pharma and medical device companies through a benchmarking survey. Qualitative data was collected via deep-dive interviews with Quality leadership teams. This report includes segmented data for pharma and medical device companies.
To access the full report or to download a complimentary summary containing insights found in this report, click on the following link: http://www.best-in-class.com/rr1473.htm.
For related research, visit our Best Practices, LLC Web site at www.best-in-class.com/.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis.
ACCESS AND INTELLIGENCE FOR ACHIEVING WORLD-CLASS EXCELLENCE