New Report: How Medical Affairs Can Amplify the Patient Voice Within the Biopharma Organization
CHAPEL HILL, N.C., Aug. 05, 2022/PRNewswire/ -- As a key conduit between pharma and patients, Medical Affairs groups are well-positioned to effectively engage with patients and/or patient advocacy groups.
This effort broadens Medical’s role beyond its traditional focus on HCPs to include capturing patient voice to help develop products that will address patients’ needs.
According to Best Practices, LLC’s research of 27 Medical leaders, most effective ways to collect insights regarding the voice of the patients during the early launch phases include
Outcomes data (50% of Medical Affairs leaders consider it highly effective and another 43% consider it effective)
- Partnering with treatment teams (50% consider it highly effective and another 29% consider it effective)
- Direct patient engagement (44% consider it highly effective and another 33% consider it effective)
The report titled “Engaging Patients across Medical Affairs Activities and Functions” investigates Medical Affairs’ role in patient engagement.
Key topics in the report include:
- Medical Affairs and Patient Engagement - An Overview
- Representing the Patient Voice
- Strategies for Early-Stage and Late-Stage Patient Support
- Medical Affairs’ Roles and Responsibilities in Patient Engagement
- Medical Affairs Internal and External Collaboration for Patient Engagement
- Lessons Learned and Pitfalls
To learn more about this report, download a complimentary report excerpt at https://www.best-in-class.com/rw150.htm.
ABOUT BEST PRACTICES, LLC
Best Practices, LLC is a leading benchmarking, consulting and advisory services firm serving biopharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide. Best Practices, LLC's clients include all the top 10 and 48 of the top 50 global healthcare companies. The firm conducts primary research and consulting using its comprehensive proprietary benchmarking tools and analysis. The operational insights, findings and analysis form the basis for our Benchmarking Reports, databases and advisory services to support executives in commercial and R&D operations.