If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Business Operations » Corporate Libraries
Download FREE Excerpt
15 Info Graphics
27 Data Graphics
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Best Practices, LLC recently undertook a mini-benchmarking study in collaboration with the Pharmaceutical & Health Technology (PHT) Division of SLA to develop 2015 benchmarks for selected services and resources provided by libraries and information centers within the biopharmaceutical industry. The study also identifies the key areas of innovation and service strategies that can be adopted by corporate libraries to deliver quality services within tight budgets.
Research findings in the study will help library and information center leaders compare the scope, volume, cost, and delivery of library services at their companies with those at other leading organizations within the biopharmaceutical industry.
· Cost Recovery: One third of participating libraries do not recover costs for the services and resources they provide, while others used more than one method. The most common cost recovery method is asking heavy user groups to chip in to pay for specialized resources.
· Core Services: All of the libraries in the study provide a core group of three services including research (more than one hour), resource assistance/ad hoc end user training, evaluation/selection/ acquisition of electronic resources.
Table of Contents
· Study Overview
· Key Findings
· Library Profile
· Library Services
· Financial Resources
· Human Resources
· Library Innovation
· Service Strategies
List of Charts & Exhibits
· Library User Base – Potential & Actual Users
· User Base Penetration
· Core Library Services Provided By Benchmark Participants
· Reference & Research Services Provided By Benchmark Class
· Print/Physical Collection Services Provided By Benchmarked Libraries
· Electronic Resource Management At Participating Libraries
· Info Tech/Web & KM Services Provided By Benchmarked Libraries
· Other Services Provided by Benchmark Participants
· Total Library Organization Cost
· Cost per Potential & Actual User
· Cost Recovery Methods Used by Benchmark Participants
· Labor Distribution/FTE Hours Allocation At Participating Libraries
· Average Number of FTEs At Participating Libraries
· Location of FTEs Providing Library Services
· Professional Credentials among Library Staff
· Key Areas of Innovation
· Key Strategy Areas