| 10|| Info Graphics|
| 26|| Data Graphics|
| 400+|| Metrics|
| 3|| Narratives|
Online PDF Document
Request a Quote
Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "What it Takes to Successfully Launch an Oncology Product in the U.S. Marketplace: Investment Benchmarks"
Some U.S. Oncology product launches become blockbusters, while others stumble to achieve only a small portion of their expected potential. How can pharmaceutical companies ensure an organization is providing the needed investments before, during and after a product's launch?
This benchmarking study is designed to provide total investment benchmarks across pre-launch, launch and post-launch periods for new oncology products launched in the U.S. The study also includes investment benchmarks across pre-launch, launch and post-launch periods for 15 key activities such as agency fees and market research. This analysis provides Oncology launch investment benchmarks from 12 companies and 20 U.S. project launches. The study will help marketing and brand leaders identify investment priorities across pre-launch, launch and post-launch activities.
NOTE: Survey responses have two segmentations - Total Benchmark Class and Product’s Projected Peak Annual Revenue.
- Key Trends and Market Patterns
- Total Investment Benchmarks Segmented by Peak Year Sales Forecast
- Investment Benchmark Analysis for Launch Activities
- U.S. Oncology Market-Entry Trends & Success Factors
- Total Launch Investment (Summing Year -3 to +3)
- Launch Investment by Year
- Launch Investment by Activity
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- Total Product Launch Spending for each Product Launch Year: Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, +1, +2,+3
- Peak Year Sales Forecast Segments: Total Product Launch Spending for each Product Launch Year: Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1, +2,+3
- Spending Allocated for Each of These 15 Activities for each Product Launch Year: Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1, +2,+3
- Peak Year Sales Forecast Segments: Spending Allocated for Each of These 15 Activities for each Product Launch Year: Year -3, -2,-1, Launch Year, Year+1, +2,+3
- To Which Types of Oncologists were your First and Second Launches Marketed?
- Identify the Roles Played by Different Teams in Setting Product Launch Strategy
- Total Launch Spend for Solid Tumor vs. Hematologic Malignancies you Have Launched
- Total Launch Spend for Oncology Products Launched Before/During 2013 and after 2013
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Peak year sales forecasts seem the single greatest driver of overall launch investment and staffing levels.
- Many launches (60%) fall short of initial market-entry projections, but by Year +2 (or sooner) forecasts are revised to reflect the new market reality.
This analysis probes Oncology product staffing levels for 12 companies and 20 U.S. project launches. Executives at the VP level, Functional Heads, Senior Directors and Directors were among the participants who informed this study. The analysis examines staffing allocations at each launch stage as well as across critical Medical and Commercial activities for various market-entry situations.