If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Brand Management and Product Leadership » Product Marketing and Innovation
Download FREE Excerpt
13 Info Graphics
35 Data Graphics
26 Best Practices
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Best Practices, LLC undertook benchmarking research to produce industry metrics on key aspects of the global branding process, including activities, timing, positioning, key message development, regional alignment and the tradename process. The report also delivers benchmarks around agency utilization & cost, and alignment with affiliates.
· Most Global Branding Activities Start in Phase III Before Final Data Period: Five of the nine (55%) global branding activities studied were most often started during Phase III Before Final Data, including Tradename, Customer Segmentation, Brand Personality, Brand Identity/Logo, and Vocabulary Development. Meanwhile, most participants started Competitive Intelligence earlier, in Phase II or Phase III before Final Data. The handover to local affiliates starts in the Phase III Data to NDA Filing period, although an equal number of participants start the handover process in later periods.
· Most Distribute Branding Elements to Affiliates via Face-to-Face Meetings: A majority (65%) distribute their branding elements to affiliates in face-to-face meetings. A third do it through a teleconference or web meeting.
List of Charts & Exhibits
· Activities Included in Global Branding Process for New Products
· Global Branding Program Effectiveness
· Key Characteristics of Participants’ Global Branding Process – Formal/Informal
· Utilization of Agencies for Global Branding Activities
· Best Practices/Lessons Learned for Creating a Global Branding Process
· Phase in the Development/Launch Cycle when Global Branding Activities are Started and Completed
· Involvement Level of Different Functions in Global Branding Activities for a New Product
· Functions Leading/Driving Global Branding Activities for a New Product
· Timing for Beginning Global Positioning Process for a Product in Development
· Use of Market Research to Create Global Positioning
· Use of Market Research to Create Global Messages for a New Product
· Formal Global Positioning and/or Global Message Development Process
· Budget for Agency Work on Global Positioning and Message Development
· Qualitative and/or Quantitative Testing of Global Positioning and Messages before Finalizing
· Who Do You Test Global Positioning and Messaging With?
· Total Testing Budget for Global Positioning and Messaging
· If the Global Positioning/Messages are Altered by the Affiliate, Does the Revision Need to be Approved by Global to Ensure Alignment?
· Best Practices/Lessons Learned for Creating a New Product’s Global Positioning & Messages
· Delivery Format of Global Brand Elements to Affiliates
· Delivery Timing of Globally Led New Product Branding Elements to Affiliates
· Distribution Method of Branding Elements to Affiliates
· Ability of Affiliates to Alter Global Brand Elements
· Affiliates Involvement in Global Branding Process
· Senior Leadership Sign-Off of Global Branding Elements
· Ensuring Brand Team Adherence to Global Branding Plan
· Characteristics of Global Branding Process
· Use of External Agencies for Tradenames
· Testing Requirements for Tradename
· When do Participants First Use Their Tradename?
· Identification and Registration of Back-Up Tradenames
· Budget for Tradename Generation and Tradename Testing
· Best Practices/Lessons Learned for Trademark Identification
· Successful Global Branding Program