If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Business Operations » Manufacturing
Download FREE Excerpt
3 Best Practices
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
This benchmarking study was conducted to gain insights into how the credit and collections function within a manufacturing company is best managed to create the greatest efficiencies and service. This 28-slide presentation provides key metrics and a great deal of qualitative lessons learned that will enable organizations to compare the structure and management of their credit and collections functions against those of the benchmark class and leverage the practices of other organizations. The study will enable organizations to identify performance gaps and areas for improvement to better manage their credit and collections functions
• Optimal Credit and Collections Structure
• Efficient Systems for Credit and Collection Processes
• Credit and Collection Function Improvements and Results
• Qualitative Lessons Learned:
• Process Management Opportunities
• Key Credit & Collections Issues
• Key Customer Service Issues
• External Communication Issues
• Internal Communication Issues
The following metrics show the percent of companies in the benchmark class in various categories in the following areas:
• Centralization in Credit and Collections Departments
• Departmental Responsibility for Credit and Collections
• Ranges of Percentages of Remittances Posted in 24 hours
• Ranges of Percentages of Payments that are Automatically Matched & Applied
• Use of Automated Credit Remittances
• Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment (EIPP) Utilization
• Credit & Collections Management Improvements
• Practice of Charging Back Unearned Discounts to Customers
• Effectiveness Ratings of Various Dispute Management Policies
• Effectiveness Ratings for Various Management Improvement Initiatives