To ensure future growth and profitability, companies are trying to strengthen and revitalize their brand images, refocus sales forces and streamline marketing processes. To achieve these goals, many marketing organizations seek to understand critical success factors of other high-performing marketing organizations. Marketing leaders can use the information in this document to understand the main areas of marketing operational excellence. This 11 page document details the way corporations enhance marketing productivity across multiple dimensions, including marketing processes, critical marketing skill sets, marketing technology enablement, marketing performance measurement and marketing organizational structures.
- Consumer and channel partner relationships
- Brand images
- Brand alignment
- Consumer input
- Strategic partnerships
- Targeted marketing to C-level executives
Sample Best Practices
- Capture consumer segment insights to drive positioning, branding and communication of product offerings.
* In all benchmark organizations, regional marketers “own” customer databases to manage content, perform analysis and manipulate data. However, Corporate Marketing assists regional marketers to build consumer information infrastructures and develop processes to gather, understand and use consumer insights.
- Align marketing structures and processes with major customer segments to orchestrate customer acquisition and retention strategies quickly and effectively.
*Today’s customers want more than just quality products or services that meet specific needs – they want solutions to their critical business issues. Therefore, increasing numbers of companies have shifted to a solutions selling strategy, which depends on an organization’s ability to understand and solve customers’ complex business needs.
This research originated from a Best Practices, LLC consulting project. It was conducted for a pharmaceutical client and was based on database research, literature reviews, on-line data searches, conference proceedings, professional journals and books, academic research, and analysis of past Best Practices, LLC consulting assignments.