If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Best Practice Database
Sales Leadership » Sales Manager Productivity
Download FREE Excerpt
6 Info Graphics
11 Data Graphics
2 Best Practices
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
The District Sales Manager is the acknowledged cornerstone of pharmaceutical sales force effectiveness and high performance. Although the traditional DM role is well understood, the position is being re-evaluated today in light of industry pressures that are causing dramatic sales force change. This document reviews shifts in sales force size and customer access and how those changes are impacting the District Manager role. The research also explores the extent of current and future sales force change as well as how leaders expect sales and management trends will impact the future activities and roles of the District Manager. Sales executives in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors can use this study to compare/adjust their approach to the District Manager function.
· Sales Force Size is Trending Downwards ….For Now
· Customer Access Continues to Decline
· Companies have begun Overhauling Their Sales Models
· Sales Force Trends are Likely to Impact DM Role
· Barriers to Rapid Change Anticipated
· Estimates of Sales Force Growth, Current and Future
· Rating of Factors Linked to Sales Force Reductions
· Rating of Factors Linked to Expected Sales Force Growth
· Extent of Current and Future Changes to Sales Model
· Percentage of Organizations that have Completed Significant Sales Force Changes
· Percentage of Organizations with Significant Sales Model Changes Under Way
· Percentage of Organizations with Significant Sales Model Changes Scheduled
· Pharmaceutical Sales Trends Likely to Impact DM Role in Next Three Years
· Changes in DM Job Descriptions Likely to Impact DM Role in Next Three Years
· Matrix of Best Practices for District Managers across Six Activity Areas
This research was based on survey results from 46 sales leaders at 23 different pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Pharmaceutical; Health Care; Biotech; Consumer Products; Medical Device
Abbott Laboratories; Sanofi-aventis; Merck; Watson Pharmaceuticals; GlaxoSmithKline; Boehringer Ingelheim; Novartis; Janssen Cilag Pharmaceutical; Auxilium; PLIVA Pharmaceuticals; MedPointe; Procter & Gamble; MGI Pharma; Pfizer; Idenix Pharmaceuticals; Endo Pharmaceuticals; Lilly; Roche; Nycomed; Solvay Pharmaceuticals; Egis; Novo Nordisk
If you purchase Best Practice Database document(s), you will have 30 days from the date of purchase to apply some or all of the cost of the document(s) toward the cost of a Full Access Individual, Pharma, Group or University Membership. Write us at DatabaseTeam@bestpracticesllc.com or call David Guinn at 919-767-9179 if you have any questions.