If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Best Practice Database
Business Operations » Corporate Libraries
Download FREE Excerpt
9 Info Graphics
16 Data Graphics
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Corporate libraries provide biopharmaceutical and medical device executives with critical support in regards to research, development and maintenance of e-resources, contract management and end-user training among other services. However, faced with the dual pressure of shrinking resources and increasing internal service requests, library leaders often find it difficult to effectively balance the budget, resource and service levels within organizations.
Best Practices, LLC undertook this study to develop 2015 benchmarks for selected services provided by libraries and information centers within the biopharmaceutical industry. The study provides leading insights and metrics around the prevalence of key library services, use of vendors in service delivery and library innovation and service strategies.
Library and information center leaders can use this study as a benchmark to compare delivery of library services at their companies with those at other organizations within the biopharmaceutical industry.
· Prevalence of key services
· Use of vendors in services delivery
· Library innovation & service strategies
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
· Scope of Benchmark Participants’ Services & Resources
· Library User Base – Potential & Actual Users
· Library User Base Penetration
· Core Library Services Offered By Benchmark Participants
· Reference & Research Services Provided By Participating Companies
· Print/Physical Collection Services Provided By Benchmark Participants
· Electronic Resource Management Provided By Participating Companies
· Information Technology/Website Development & Knowledge Management Services Provided By Benchmark Participants
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
Outsourcing: As many as half the participating companies use vendors to provide some of the 32 benchmarked library services, but vendors, when used, nearly always play a supporting role to library staff.
Best Practices, LLC engaged twenty-nine companies in this benchmarking study. Among the participants, 17 represented pharmaceutical companies, five were medical devices libraries, and seven represented health science libraries in other industries. Data is presented for the total benchmark class and for the pharma segment.