Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Medical Affairs' Role in Patient Engagement: Collaboration with Internal and External Stakeholders and Activities along the Patient Journey"
With the shift in the last decade from a support function to an independent role, Medical Affairs groups in the pharmaceutical industry are now playing a bigger role in companies’ patient engagement programs. That means pharma companies with Medical Affairs groups that have evolved into leadership roles are working with both internal and external stakeholders involved in patient engagement activities.
To inform Medical Affairs' efforts on working with internal and external stakeholders regarding patient engagement activities, Best Practices, LLC has published a study examining which internal and external stakeholders are best to work with on this issue. In addition, the study highlights what patient engagement activities/strategies work best for each group of stakeholders. The research also includes chapters on what patient engagement activities Medical Affairs uses along the patient journey and participants' insights into lessons learned and pitfalls.
- Collaboration with Internal and External Groups
- Role in the Patient Journey
- Voices from the Industry on Lessons Learned
- Involvement level of specific Medical Affairs functions in patient engagement activities
- Frequency of collaboration with internal groups on patient engagement activities
- Frequency of collaboration with external groups on patient engagement activities
- Most effective activities for collaborating with internal groups regarding patient engagement
- Most effective activities for collaborating with external groups regarding patient engagement
- Effectiveness of patient engagement activities for supporting patients at the early stage of their disease
- Effectiveness of patient engagement activities for supporting patients at the late stage of their disease
Best Practices, LLC engaged 39 leaders from 29 biopharmaceutical companies through a benchmarking survey.