Non-members: Click Here to View a Complimentary Excerpt of "Using Knowledge Management to Accelerate Growth: Effectiveness and Internal Collaboration"
Across all industries, innovative and effective knowledge management system can be a significant driver of an organization's growth. However, if a company doesn't have an effective knowledge management (KM) system that focuses on performance and promotes knowledge sharing, it won't be as agile or effective.
Best Practices, LLC conducted this study to probe winning tactics for driving knowledge management performance and creating a culture of collaboration. The study examines factors that drive KM effectiveness and factors that impede KM effectiveness. It also highlights effective knowledge sharing practices and how organizations are bringing clarity to their KM goals.
This study will help KM leaders understand how different industries are improving the effectiveness of their knowledge management systems and capabilities.
This research contains segments for industry (Biopharma, Non-pharma) and function (medical, R&D/Engineering, Commercial)
- Assessing Performance of KM Organizations
- Drivers of KM Performance
- Barriers of KM Performance
- Impact of KM
- Drivers and Enablers of a strong culture of collaboration
- Modelling leadership behavior
- KM goals and approaches to instill culture of collaboration
SAMPLE KEY METRICS
- How would you rate the effectiveness of your knowledge management practices
- Identify the factors that were highly important to help your KM system achieve effectiveness
- Identify the factors that impeded your KM system's effectiveness
- Within what KM areas was your organization able to create new or novel know-how
- Rate how your innovativeness in these areas was helpful to your organization's agility
- What activities/processes are part of your KM system deployment
- What contributes to developing a strong knowledge sharing culture
- Rate the clarity of your knowledge management goals
- Rate the effectiveness of these roles/teams in supporting knowledge sharing
- What approaches do you use to effectively instill the importance of knowledge sharing
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- High Impact KM Activities: When it comes to launch and brand building, companies report high impact of KM on commercial activities such as marketing, managed markets, and market research. It has much lower impact on medical activities such as medical communications, congresses, pharmacovigilance, HEOR.
- Dashboard Utilization: Custom KM dashboards can play a big role in informing diverse brand populations. As new knowledge and research findings are posted, cross-functional brand communities are alerted. As a result, people ask for new, more & deeper questions
Best Practices, LLC engaged 60 leaders from 45 companies through a benchmarking survey. This study analyzes several peer segments: Industry Segments: Pharma Companies (N= 38) and Non-pharma Companies (N= 22); Functional Segments: Commercial (N= 27), R&D/Engineering (N=21), and Medical (N= 11).