If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Medical Affairs » Medical Affairs Excellence
Download FREE Excerpt
17 Info Graphics
37 Data Graphics
8 Best Practices
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
While the importance of this function is recognized, Medical Affairs leaders often face challenges in maintaining the function as a global group and communicating its value to key internal stakeholders. Best Practices, LLC undertook this study to provide medical device companies with leading insights on the critical requirements for creating effective global capabilities, meeting compliance challenges and communicating strong Medical Affairs metrics for success.
Research findings will help medical device companies find better ways to create strong performance metrics and successful global Medical Affairs organizations.
· Overall Medical Affairs Metrics: More than 80% of the benchmark class finds level of talent identification & management a highly effective or effective metric.
üParticipating Companies pp. 4
üKey Recommendations pp. 5
üSegments & Abbreviations pp. 6
üKey Findings & Insights pp. 7-10
§ Metrics for Medical Affairs Activities to Show
the Success to Stakeholders pp. 11-37
§ Communicating the Value of Medical Affairs pp. 38-48
§ Coordinating the Global Medical Affairs Function pp. 49-57
§ Benchmark Class pp. 58-59
§ Participant Demographics pp. 60-64
§ About Best Practices, LLC pp. 65-66
List of Charts & Exhibits
· Effectiveness of Overall Medical Affairs Metrics
· Effectiveness of Scientific Publications Metrics
· Effectiveness of Medical Education Metrics
· Effectiveness of Thought Leader Management (TLM) and Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Metrics
· Case Example: Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Segmentation Process
· Effectiveness of Medical/Clinical Operations Metrics
· Relative Importance Listed Medical Affairs Activities to Senior Leadership
· Case Example: Medical Affairs Internal Communication Program
· Communication Methods/Channels Used to Communicate the Value of Medical Affairs Activities to Stakeholders
· Practices for Effective Value Discussions
· Management Approach for Listed Medical Affairs Activities
· Challenges and Practices Described in Interviews With Leaders of Global Organizations
· Reporting Relationship between Global and Regional Medical Affairs Groups within Organization
· Compliance Standards within Organizations
· Sharing Compliance Challenges and Best Practices Across Global and Regional Level
· Projected Capability Needs for Medical Affairs Organizations
· Primary Product(s) of the Business Unit Represented by Survey Participants
· Geographic Span of Responsibility of Participants’ Medical Affairs Organizations
· Therapeutic Areas Represented by Participants’ Medical Affairs Organization