Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from "Maintaining an Effective Managed Care Pull-Through Organization: Engaging External Stakeholders & Performance Measurement"
A pharmaceutical product can't find success in the marketplace without formulary access. A well-crafted pull-through plan sets out a clear path for how a company responds to a formulary win, enabling teams to maximize results from the opportunity. Best Practices, LLC conducted extensive research to help managed care executives identify programs and activities that increase pull-through effectiveness. This study reviews how contracting strategies, effective messaging, customer segmentation, effectiveness metrics, and communication topics are part of the blueprint for maintaining a successful pull-through organization.
- Creating a process model for effective response to formulary win
- Contracting strategies that support pull-through
- Collaboration across channels and functions
- Maintaining cross-company communicationTraining sales on managed care basics
- Measuring and analyzing results to understand ROI
- Effectiveness of pull-through training
- Metrics used to measure effectiveness of pull-through programs and tactics
- Most important measurement metrics
SAMPLE KEY FINDING
- Cross-company collaboration is essential to pull-through success. Savvy pharma leaders recognize that effective pull-through demands excellent cross-company collaboration among the multiple internal functions and channels involved. Accordingly, some research participants have developed programs to foster, recognize and reward successful collaboration.
The study involved a two-pronged approach. Best Practices, LLC researchers used a survey instrument to collect pull-through program data from managers and executives representing Managed Care, field sales, Marketing, Sales operations and executive leadership at participating companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. In all, 33 pull-through leaders and executives at 24 companies participated in this study. In addition, Best Practices analysts conducted deep-dive interviews with selected survey participants to uncover successful tactics and best practices used to achieve formulary pull-through.