Health Care; Pharmaceutical; Diagnostic; Medical Device; Biotech
Abbott; CardioDynamics; Alcon; Centocor Ortho Biotech Inc.; Amgen; Elixir Pharmaceuticals; Baxter International; Lumenis; Boehringer Ingelheim; Micro Labs; Genzyme; Monogram Biosciences; Medrad; Teva Neuroscience; Merck; Novo Nordisk; Pfizer; Schering-Plough; Shire; Solvay Pharmaceuticals; Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals
Best Practices, LLC conducted this research to identify successful strategies and practices that can be used by biopharmaceutical managers and executives to maximize the potential of multi-drug portfolios or franchises.
An online survey instrument was used to collect quantitative data. Research analysts also conducted in-depth interviews to collect executive insights and harvest best practices and lessons learned.
Key topic areas covered:
- Effective methods of differentiating multiple brands
- Positioning strategies that minimize product cannibalization
- Operational changes that drive success when introducing a new brand into a product family
- Positive & negative impacts of introducing a new brand
- New product’s share of the combined marketing spend during first three years both are marketed
- Marketing mix for new & legacy products
- Marketing activities that drive continuing success for legacy brand
- Best indicators of marketing effectiveness
- Pitfalls, failure points and best practices