Non-members: Click here to review a complimentary excerpt from “Forging Top-Tier Biopharma Digital Strategy: Benchmarks on Service Structure, Resources & Operations”
As digital technologies continue to evolve, pharmaceutical and medical device companies must continuously adapt their digital marketing approaches to effectively reach a varied set of customers. Therefore, organizations must use their internal structure and supporting functions to enhance the effectiveness of their digital marketing programs.
Best Practices, LLC undertook this research to establish new benchmarks and provide critical insights into how leading pharmaceutical and medical device firms are putting their digital strategies into action. In particular, this study delivers benchmarks around key performance areas including digital strategy, staffing & investment, vendor management & service alignment, field sales support, and cost management. Digital leaders can use this study to compare their digital programs with leading peer organizations.
- Digital Marketing Service Structure
- Digital Marketing Budget and Staffing Allocation
- Digital Tactics for Boosting Sales Force Effectiveness
- Service Management Excellence
- Innovative Vendor Management
- Digital Tools and Tactics to Reduce Overall Cost
- Approximately what percentage of your organization's total marketing budget is devoted specifically to Digital Marketing activities and programs?
- What is your organization’s total FTE staffing investment for all of digital marketing?
- How effective are each of the listed approaches for raising sales force effectiveness?
- Which group within your organization is primarily responsible for each core digital activity listed below?
- How many vendors and agencies does your digital marketing group currently partner with across all of the brands you support?
- How successful has your organization been in using various digital tools and tactics to reduce overall costs?
SAMPLE KEY FINDINGS
- By 2018, the average percentage of total marketing dollars spent on digital programs will rise to 23%, up significantly from the current average of 18%.
- Companies are using digital tools and tactics to reduce overall marketing and education costs. Effective tactics include the use of virtual meetings and cloud-based networks.
Best Practices, LLC engaged 21 digital, multichannel marketing and other commercial leaders from 19 leading healthcare organizations through a benchmarking survey. Close to two-thirds of the participants serve at director level or above.