If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Best Practice Database
Marketing Management » Marketing Strategy
Download FREE Excerpt
Metrics, Graphics, Detailed Process Map
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Marketing organizations have an increasingly active role in conducting early and continuous market research and interacting with thought leaders to assess market opportunities, drive product profile development and create customer demand and brand loyalty.
This 43-page document includes tactics that will help pharmaceutical launch teams bring innovative products to market faster with greater commercial success. The information and analysis it includes will enable company team members to understand the winning strategies, practices, team structures and investment patterns employed by top performing companies.
Key topics covered in this document include:
- Product Branding
- Promotional Messages and Materials
- Marketing Materials Development
- Physician Targeting
- Direct-To-Consumer Promotion
- Managed Care Organization
- Partnerships Between R&D and Marketing
- Meeting and Event Sponsorship
Select best practices include:
1. Ramp up spending on meetings and events two years prior to launch to raise awareness of new product.
- One company plans to invest $8 million in meetings and congresses prior to a new product launch in the U.S. market.
2. Develop an understanding of the needs and desires of the end-consumer of your product to expand market share.
- One benchmark company used methods such as direct mail sent to a targeted population, information stations in pharmacies, drug stores and hospitals, and company participation in activist groups and symposia related to the therapeutic area.
3. Use centralized tracking systems to increase development process efficiency.
- For example, one benchmark partner company employs an electronic routing system to track projects through the various stages of the process.