If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Best Practice Database
Medical Affairs » Structure, Staffing and Budgets
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
In today’s challenging healthcare environment, medical affairs’ role has become even more crucial to pharmaceutical companies’ success. To fulfill growing strategic roles, the medical affairs function needs to continuously re-invent itself by optimizing its overall capabilities. This six-page document provides an overview of the key strategies that top pharmaceutical companies use to align medical affairs capabilities into efficient, effective medical affairs functions.
Sample Best Practices
1. Align organizational structures with business objectives, strategies and change.
- Some companies are responding to new OIG guidelines by moving medical education, communications and scientific liaisons from the marketing organization to the medical affairs function to ensure consistent policies, standards and compliance.
2. Improve processes to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Two benchmarked companies have instituted a medical affairs strategy and operations planning process to formalize the development of medical marketing strategy, tactical plan and budget between the medical team and brand team.
3. Improve hiring, training and development to ensure that the right people are doing the right jobs.
- In addition to more selective hiring, companies are investing in training and development to help medical affairs managers and staff to acquire or sharpen critical job skills.
This document is a result of research and consulting work conducted on behalf of a client by Best Practices, LLC.
If you purchase Best Practice Database document(s), you will have 30 days from the date of purchase to apply some or all of the cost of the document(s) toward the cost of a Full Access Individual, Pharma, Group or University Membership. Write us at DatabaseTeam@bestpracticesllc.com or call David Guinn at 919-767-9179 if you have any questions.