With easy access to information on the Internet, more people than ever are taking the responsibility of researching their own disease treatment options -- especially with such life-threatening illnesses as cancer. The Internet is a valuable tool that pharmaceutical companies can use to help market their oncology drugs, inform their customers and retain their customer loyalty. This informative 82-slide presentation looks at the global trends and best practices in effectively using web sites to market oncology products to patients, oncologists and key opinion leaders. The findings in this document help pharmaceutical or biotech companies address how these companies successfully use web sites to market their products.
- Types of information and services offered to patients, oncologists and key opinion leaders
- Perception of value among key audiences
- Barriers to online activities
- Measurement of activities
- Employ oncology web sites as a platform to better serve oncologists and patients by providing clinical trial resources that both inform and help recruit potential investigators and patients.
This research was conducted on behalf of a Business Excellence Board (BEB) member. Nine executives from eight pharmaceutical and biotech companies participated in this research. Additional research was conducted by examining and analyzing the web sites of top-selling oncology products such as Gleevec, Procrit, Taxol and many others.