Pharmaceutical; Medical Device; Manufacturing; Biotech; Consumer Products; Diagnostic; Chemical; Health Care; Biopharmaceutical; Clinical Research; Laboratories
Actavis; Arbor Pharmaceuticals; Astellas; AstraZeneca; Baxter Healthcare; Bayer; Biogen Idec; Celgene; Eli Lilly; EMD Serono; Genentech; Grifols; Janssen; Janssen Biotech; Johnson & Johnson Medical; Lundbeck; Novartis; Otsuka; Pfizer; Sanofi; Sanofi Oncology; Shire; Teva Pharmaceuticals; UCB; Valeant Canada
Best Practices, LLC engaged 28 Sales Training leaders from 25 pharmaceutical companies through a benchmarking survey instrument. In addition, research analysts conducted deep-dive executive interviews with 6 selected respondents to collect qualitative data and insights.
Topics addressed in this report include:
- Sales Training budget trends & management
- Most utilized types of Sales Training included in formal curriculum
- Collaboration level of sales training with various stakeholder groups
- Percentage of Training content developed and delivered by internal staff vs. vendors
- Technologies used to deliver training
- Percentage of training outsourced to vendors
- Key Industry Metrics
- Average number of days of sales training per rep
- Sales Training budget as a percentage of revenue.
- Number of employees receiving sales training per trainer