Mergers are difficult business. Announcing the deal is the easy part, making it work is a far larger challenge. Best Practices, LLC's research reveals that:
1. 75% of mergers fail to deliver shareholder value greater than the industry average
2. 90% of high-tech mergers fail to deliver expected increases
3. Productivity drops by 50%
This document, the first of three parts, provides detailed company examples related to the following best practices:
- Distinguishing between acquisition types in order to craft the best integration plans.
- Developing a future economic profile to guide deal structuring, integration planning and resource allocation.
Specifically, learn how:
· Intel and others in high tech do “green acquisitions” retaining and blending in the corporate culture of the acquired company.
· To create target future economic profiles to guide deal structuring, integration planning and resource allocation.
· To increase employee retention rates and keep the intellectual base of the acquired company intact through a “merger of equal” attitude with more compromises in decision-making.
This research is based on benchmark data from six companies in a broad spectrum of industries.