If this box remains here for more than 30 seconds, click this link to try again.
Products & Services »
Best Practice Database
Brand Management and Product Leadership » Public Relations
Download FREE Excerpt
9 Info Graphics
16 Data Graphics
20+ Best Practices
Single User: Authorizes use by the person who places the order or for whom the order was placed.
Sitewide: Authorizes use of the report for a geographic site. All people at site can view the report for a year and copies can be printed.
Corporate: Authorizes use for the entire company for a year and copies can be printed. No limitations for usage inside the company.
Over the course of a product’s lifecycle, the effectiveness of different Public Relations tools changes, and no single tool was rated by study participants as being the “most effective” across all lifecycle stages. Savvy marketers adapt the Public Relations tool and approach to reflect the lifecycle needs. Equally important, there are more Public Relations tools available for use at each lifecycle stage than many brands ever seek to deploy.
This research identifies which Public Relations activities most effectively educate and inform consumers at different points in a product's lifecycle. The study also delivers insights into the most effective Public Relations channels, tactics and calls-to-action for reaching consumers of pharmaceutical products.
· Public Relations Tools and Tactics that are Most Effective at Different Lifecycle Stages
· The Most Effective Public Relations Tools and Calls-to-Action
· Successful Web Site Resources for Consumers
· Ideal Budget Ratios and Performance Measurements
· Rating Effectiveness of Public Relations Tools During Stages of a Product's Lifecycle
· Listing of top three to five Most Effective Public Relations Tools
· Rating Importance of Tactical Elements Influencing Public Relations Effectiveness
· Rating Effectiveness of Calls to Action for Consumers
· Rating Effectiveness of Resources for Consumers after Reaching Web Site
· Rating Effectiveness of Support Services for Public Relations Initiatives
· Rating of Public Relations Campaign Effectiveness at Different Lifecycle Stages
· Ideal Percent of Public Relations Annual Budget for Blockbusters to Total Annual Marketing Budget at Lifecycle Stages
· Rating Effectiveness of Performance Measurements for Public Relations Campaigns
· Timing of Shift in Public Relations from First Generation Drug to Next Generation Drug
SAMPLE KEY FINDINGS
· Pre-Launch, Launch & Brand Building: The lifecycle phases that showed the most effective and active use of PR tactics are the pre-launch, launch and brand building years. Indeed, nearly two-thirds of all research participants assessed many PR tools to be effective during Launch and brand building years.
· Patient Advocacy Groups Importance: Patient advocacy groups are critically important to PR practitioners because they are highly regarded for their objectivity and access to relevant information. There are many opportunities for industry to work with advocacy groups for a wide range of disease areas.
Executives from 18 bio-pharmaceutical companies shared their strategies, lessons learned and best practices on Public Relations applied throughout the product lifecycle. Leaders from seven partner companies, including Abbott, Boiron, Genentech, Johnson & Johnson, Merck Serono, Novartis and Novo Nordisk, participated in detailed, qualitative interviews.
Health Care; Pharmaceutical; Diagnostic; Biotech; Chemical; Medical Device
Abbott; AstraZeneca; AtheroGenics; Boehringer Ingelheim; Boiron; Cubist Pharmaceuticals; Emcure; Farmasa Schwabe; Gebauer Company; Genentech; Jazz Pharmaceuticals; Johnson & Johnson; Merck Serono; Novartis; Novo Nordisk; Pfizer; Solvay Pharmaceuticals
If you purchase Best Practice Database document(s), you will have 30 days from the date of purchase to apply some or all of the cost of the document(s) toward the cost of a Full Access Individual, Pharma, Group or University Membership. Write us at DatabaseTeam@bestpracticesllc.com or call David Guinn at 919-767-9179 if you have any questions.